Ep. 23: Remixing the Traditional Publishing World w/ Rebekah Borucki
Remixing the Traditional Publishing World w/ Rebekah Borucki
Did you know book publishers are 79% white and 89% straight/heterosexual? It’s clear there is a lack of representation and diversity, and this week’s guest, Rebekah “Bex” Borucki, is taking some big steps to change that. Rebekah — an author, children’s lit publisher, and coach — is remixing the publishing world by creating her own house, Row House Publishing, Inc., to bring an equitable, transparent, and transformative model to create change in the industry. In this episode, she’s sharing all the details about why she’s ready to disrupt the traditional publishing world, what makes Row House stand out, and how YOU can get involved in the Row House launch by becoming a patron!
Listen now to hear more about:
- How Rebekah is bring much needed representation in her book series
- Problems in the publishing industry that inspired Rebekah to start her own publishing house
- All the things you didn’t know about what it takes to become a published author
- What Row House is doing differently for their authors — plus, the 2 things Rebekah is MOST excited about!
- How YOU can be a part of the Row House Publishing launch and the industry change Bex is creating (it’s as easy as sharing a picture!)
- Some powerful (and familiar) values Rebekah considers a foundation for Row House
- And so much more!
Short on time? Check out the show highlights:
[5:10] Rebekah’s children’s book series and her future
[9:07] Problems in the publishing industry and the change Bex is creating
[12:57] What it takes to be an author, and why Row House is different
[22:02] All about the launch and investment opportunities
Get involved and stay connected with Rebekah Borucki and Row House Publishing, Inc.:
Email for investment inquiries: [email protected]
Promote Row House: https://www.supportrowhouse.com
Rebekah Borucki on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bexlife
Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trudilebron/