Ep 13: This Too is Figureoutable w/ Sonja McCord
Wanna know exactly what happened with Marie Forleo’s B-school silencing this spring? On today’s episode I’m joined by Sonja McCord, who is helping me break down this topic that many of you have reached out and asked me to talk about.
Sonja is a B-school student and uses dance, film, & words to heal, inspire, & give you permission to pursue your passions, live authentically & create meaningful work. Today we’re diving into exactly what happened from a B-schooler who was there, and what you can learn from Marie’s responses so that you can do better and be a better leader in your own community.
- Marie Forleo’s responses to racist comments happening in her B-school Facebook group
- Where she went wrong in her response, and how she could have done better
- The importance of having a super tight onboarding process when you have a business offering where anyone can join who is willing to pay
- Balancing being positive while still having the tough conversations
- Why you shouldn’t archive your FB group during certain hours
- What it means to be a leader in your community
- Why it’s so important that your public and private personas and stances on anti-racism are the same
- What you need to do to become an equity-centered anti-racist leader
- And more!
On Instagram: https://instagram.com/starringsonja
On Facebook: https://facebook.com/starringsonja
Continue the conversation in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/trudilebron/
Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trudilebron/